For the last 2 weeks before getting out of the shower I have turned the water temperature down to cold. Thank goodness there is no one taping the weird contortions my body makes to avoid the water or the strange sounds that come out of my throat once the water finds its’ way! But seriously, this trial by ice is a great way for pregnant moms to increase circulation throughout their bodies, energize, and get glowing skin. According to Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa founder of the Khalsa Way Prenatal Yoga Program and Kundalini yoga teacher, cold showers have the following benefits:
* Brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.
* Cleans the circulatory system.
* Reduces blood pressure on internal organs.
* Provides flushing for the organs and provides a new supply of blood.
* Strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.
* Contracts the muscles to eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes.
* Strengthens the mucous membranes, which help resist hay fever, allergies, colds, coughs.